- Progress Traps - Our Predicament
- Our Fallibility - Ignorance & Error
- Waking up to our responsibility
- Free Market Ideology
- Cultural Reconstruction
- “A Short History of Progress” by Ronald Wright; Anansi Press, Toronto, 2004 [paperback edition], 2006 [hardcover, illustrated edition]
- “Surviving Progress” a film by Mathieu Roy & Harold Crooks; 2011
- “The Collapse of Western Civilization: A View From the Future” by Naomi Oreskes & Erik Conway; Columbia University Press, 2014
- “Ten Billion” by Stephen Emmott; Penguin, 2013
- “Progress or Collapse: The Crisis of Market Greed” by Roberto De Vogli; Routledge, 2013
- “The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors’ Toolkit” by Dimitry Orlov; New Society Publishers, 2013
- “The Long Descent: A User’s Guide to the End of the Industrial Age” by John Michael Greer; New Society Publishers, 2008
- “Collapse, How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed” by Jared Diamond; Viking Press, 2005 [also available as an audio book.]
- “Dark Age Ahead” by Jane Jacobs; Vintage Canada Edition, 2005
- “Guns, Germs & Steel: The fates of Human Societies” by Jared Diamond; W.W. Norton & Company, 1999 [Available as an audio book and as a 3 hour National Geographic documentary on DVD]
- “Reinventing Collapse: The Soviet Example and American Prospects” by Dmitry Orlov; New Society Publishers, 2008
- “The Collapse of Complex Societies” by Jospeh Tainter; Cambridge University Press, 1990
- What is progress?
- How do we / can we know?
- How can we be mistaken?
- Why do societies / civilizations fail?
- What developments are needed to reduce the risk of catastrophic failure of our own civilization?
- Why is it important to be seeking answers to Gauguin’s questions? [Short History of Progress – Chapter 1]
- How can we do that?
- What does all this have to do with leadership?
- What does all this have to do with your own life journey?